Hellooooo there mi luvs 💕💕💕
Skinny Chocolate Olive Oil Cake
It’s been six months in this tiny little town in buffalo and it’s getting a little colder outside. I’m adjusting to this harsh weather and between the continuous face masking, little sips of red wine and large bowls of piping hot soup, there is always a tiny bit of time set aside to have some delicious chocolate cake
… this Skinny Chocolate Olive Oil Cake!
Between you and me, I have to say, I’ve been putting on a protective layer for the winter… if you know what I mean. And I googled it! It seems perfectly normal to put on a couple of pounds in this season. Scientifically it makes sense and after reading a ton of articles online like:
Since then, I have made some adjustments to my diet with proper attention to the foods I put into my body and I have lost 3 pounds.
Here’s the list of adjustments:
- Breakfast: Make quick green berry smoothies or a slice of homemade cake (eg. Banana bread or this Skinny Chocolate Olive Oil Cake)
- Snacks: Nibble on fresh fruit or baked tofu bites or roasted vegetables (store in little containers for easy snacking)
- Lunch: have anything under 1000 calories
- Dinner: a large piping bowl of soup
- Dessert: a little slice of cake with a little slash of wine or a mug of turmeric milk like I do in the photo here!
I drink turmeric milk and teas and you can find online if you are curious! It’s warming and full of nutrition!
This isn’t a weight loss blog and frankly who looks at a post about chocolate cake when they are trying to shed some weight…
If you ever wanted a little slice of heaven without packing on more pounds. This Skinny Chocolate Olive Oil Cake recipe is for you… (and me… so.. it’s for us… lol)
This Skinny Chocolate Olive Oil Cake is tender, moist and full-bodied with wonderful chocolate aromas! It also calls for olive oil and not butter (dairy-free) because I believe it’s better for the body- good fats remember?
-We are what we eat-
Ingredients for Skinny Chocolate Olive Oil Cake recipe
- ¾ cup (180ml) extra-virgin olive oil, more for greasing the pan
- ½ cup (70g) good-quality unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup (120ml) boiling water
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⅓ cups (165g) all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (195g) super fine sugar
- 3 large eggs
Instructions for Skinny Chocolate Olive Oil Cake recipe
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (165°C). Grease a 9-inch (23-cm) springform baking pan with a little olive oil and line the base with parchment paper.
- Sift the cocoa into a medium bowl and whisk in the boiling water until smooth. Whisk in the vanilla and sugar then set aside to cool completely then add the eggs. In a separate large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Turn the speed on the mixer down and pour in the cocoa and vanilla mixture. Slowly add the mixture until it is evenly incorporated, stopping the mixer and scraping down the bowl as necessary.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the sides are set and the top of the cake still looks slightly moist. A cake tester inserted into the center should come out clean or with just a few crumbs on it. Let cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
For more chocolate cake recipes check out my other post!
This Skinny Chocolate Olive Oil Cake recipe is adapted from here