This lazy chunky granola recipe is 100% heart healthy, gluten free and dairy free.
Omnom, I really haven’t been baking much in the kitchen as of late! And well that’s just cause my home has been pretty quiet. The bigger eaters are living away- my brother is in the army, my sister is off at collage and it’s basically just me, my youngest sister and my parents at home.
So now when I do bake, I really don’t gun for a whole 3 layer chocolate cherry gateau. It’s become more like this lazy chunky granola recipe or like a simple lazy breakfast coconut and pandan banana loaf (yes, imma do that recipe up real soon and link it in when I can).
Reasons to love this lazy chunky granola
- It’s a simple, easy, no fuss recipe that anyone can assemble with the basic bitche’s kitchen top ingredients and there won’t be much washing up to do.
- 100% fail proof! I’ve baked up this lazy chunky granola every week for about 3 months now and there isn’t a single time where I have ever gotten this wrong. In plain, it’s idiot proof and there really isn’t any way you could mess this baby up.
- It’s wonderfully crunchy, has lots of good big bits to snack on, its full of fiber from the oats that are laden with vital vitamins, minerals and antioxidant plant compounds.
- Zero butter needed. Nono, don’t get me wrong- I don’t hate on butter, I just know that food that is made from vegetables oils will provide a heart healthy fat alternative. Vegetable oils like canola and sunflower are monounsaturated fats and is 100% trans fat free. I mean, this just screams a good healthy breakfast for you and your family to wake up to!
- Enjoy it with favourite yoghurt! This lazy chunky granola is amazing on it’s own or with milk. But OMG, sprinkle or better yet, shovel a handful of this lazy chunky granola over a bed of yoghurt and berries and you’re all set for heart healthy breakfast, noon or midnight snack! Such an easy way to get some good probiotics in too!
Lastly, I’ve just collected some of my cute ceramics from my pottery classes I did last year. Can you believe how laze I’ve been? I literally left my work there on their shelves for a whole year. LOL
You can tots check the place out! IMO it’s defo not the most glamorous place to pick up a new hobby tho. It’s pretty hot, humid and there not much ventilation in there.. plus the teachers aren’t the sweetest but it’s super affordable if you do get 10 sessions in.
Sam Mui Kuang Pottery
22 Jln Kelulut, Singapore 809039
I’ve been to this other place called Goodman Ceramic Studio- the place is sorta nicer. Still no AC but the peeps are much nicer! Give it a go too if ya keen!
Ingredients for this lazy chunky granola recipe:
¼ – ½ cup granulated white sugar (I usually use ¼ cup but most people prefer using ½ cup sugar)
½ cup brown sugar
¼ cup vegetable oil (I used canola)
2 tablespoons unsweetened nut butter (I used peanut)
3 cups quick/ instant oats (do not use rolled oats because they wont come out chunky)
1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
Instructions for this lazy chunky granola recipe:
Preheat the oven at 175c.
Mix everything but the oats in the a large bowl with a spatula till it becomes a wet goopy mess- about two minutes.
Then add the oats and mix till the oats are evenly coated – 1 min.
On a lined baking tray, sprinkle the oats out evenly (use your hands! It’s therapeutic!)
Then bake for 20 minutes- rotating after the 10 or 15 minutes so you can get an even bake
Store in an airtight container and they keep for a week without any refrigeration.